Controlling water content in oral solid dosage (OSD) products is essential to maintain efficacy and safety of the drug product. USP <922> states that water activity determination can be used to assess the level of protection provided by primary packaging for an OSD product over its shelf life.
This eBook focuses on water activity determination of oral solid dosage products and the recently implemented USP <922>. It includes:
- Introduction to USP <922>: General Chapter for Water Activity Measurement
- Water Activity Determination of Oral Solid Dosage Products using Frequency Modulation Spectroscopy
- The impact of Water Activity on the Chemical and Physical Stability of Oral Solid Dosage Products
- USP <922> Water Activity Testing
- FMS-Water Activity Headspace Analyzer