LIGHTHOUSE invented laser headspace technology more than 15 years ago and continues to develop innovative headspace applications and robust equipment platforms.
We have recently developed the PULSAR line of machines to characterize the physical headspace conditions of product samples in a reliable, compact, and flexible platform.
Our PULSAR Headspace Inspection System can provide automated, 100% inspection of headspace oxygen, moisture, and carbon dioxide levels in sealed parenteral containers, while our PULSAR Headspace CCI Inspection Lease System offers a small footprint, fast delivery solution for the 100% CCI inspection of pharmaceutical product on a per project basis.
- Compact single dial machine
- Two types of rejects: Measured Reject and Not Measured Reject.
- Up to four measurement sensors
- Rotary table load and un-load (optional)
- Vials ranging in size from 2R to 100R, or 16.0 mm to 47.0 mm
- Tubing or molded; amber or clear
- 9000 containers per hour
Physical and Electrical
- 330 cm x 130 cm
Automated Control System
- Siemens PLC
- Electrical Power: 200 – 240 VAC 1-phase, 15 amp 50/60 Hz
- Compressed Air: 35 scfm @ >5.5 barg
- Compressed Nitrogen: 25 slpm @ >3.5 barg
PULSAR Headspace Inspection Systems are designed to address the following applications:
- Headspace oxygen monitoring during the filling of oxygen-sensitive formulations
- 100% moisture inspection of freeze dried product
- Automated media fill inspection
PULSAR Headspace CCI Inspection Lease Systems are designed to address the following applications on a per project machine lease basis:
- 100% CCI inspection of freeze dried product having a vacuum or partial nitrogen pressure headspace
- 100% CCI inspection of modified headspace liquid and powder products
The PULSAR Headspace Inspection Machines are installed by a LIGHTHOUSE Engineer with the following support:
- System qualification (IQ/OQ)
- User training and system start-up support
- Performance testing